The school shall have a comprehensive policy to ensure that the Co-curricular activities are carried out meaningfully. The policy may be reviewed and updated accordingly.
Co-curricular Activities are defined as the activities that enable to supplement and complement the curricular or main syllabi activities. These are the important part and parcel of educational institutions to develop the students’ personality as well as to strengthen classroom learning. These activities are organized after school hours, so known as extra-curricular activities. Co-curricular Activities have a wide horizon to cater to the cultural, social, aesthetic development of the child.
Co-curricular activities facilitate the development of various domains of mind and personality such as intellectual development, emotional development, social development, moral development, and aesthetic development. Creativity, Enthusiasm, and Energetic, Positive thinking are some of the facets of personality development and the outcomes of Extracurricular activities.
The following members constitute the Co-curricular Committee:
|Sl. No.||Who?||As what?||Term||Remarks|
|1||Non- Academic Head||Chairperson||Permanent||By default|
|2||Chief Club Coordinator||Dy. Chairperson||Permanent
|4||Cultural Coordinator||Member||Permanent||By default|
|5||Literary Coordinator||Member||Permanent||By default|
|6||Scout Master||Member||Permanent||By default|
|7||Student Leaders||Member||Permanent||By default|
Roles and responsibilities of the Co-curricular Committee:
- Review, revisit and update the policy on school Co-curricular activities.
- The committee ensures that the concern In-charges develop /review/update policy or guidelines of the concern activity/program.
- Collect and compile co-curricular activities for the year from different charges.
- Decide a number of co-curricular activities to be carried out for the academic year.
- Plan and Propose budget requirements for various co-curricular activities.
- Ensure to insert the compiled planned activities in the school calendar.
- Monitor the co-curricular activities.
- Submit a copy of the compiled report to the office for reference.
- Ensure to submit the reports to concerned agencies on time without having to remind by the school administration.