This committee is formed mainly to manage school finance and to ensure that there are efficient procurement procedures. The school shall have a comprehensive policy on the use of school budget finance management, accounts, and internal auditing and reporting system.
This committee shall mainly focus on the following two categories:
- School Accounts and Financial Management.
- Procurement and Tendering Procedures.
The following members constitute the School Finance and Procurement Committee:
|Sl. No.||Who?||As what?||Term||Remarks|
|1||V. Principal||Chairperson||Permanent||By default|
|2||Assistant Principal (Lower Campus)||Dy. Chairperson||Permanent||By default|
|6||Internal Auditor||Member||Permanent||By default|
|7||Chief Mess Coordinator||Member||Permanent||By default|
|8||Store In-charge||Member||Permanent||By default|
|9||Lib. Asst.||Member||Permanent||By default|
|10||Warden / Matron||Member||Permanent||By Default|
|11||ADM. Asst.||Member||Permanent||By default|
Roles and Responsibilities of the School Finance and Procurement Committee:
- Develop School Finance Management and Procurement Policy/guidelines in line with the Operational Guidelines for Central School, 2016.
- Review, revisit, and update policy accordingly.
- Prepare a budget proposal for the next fiscal year.
- Prepare tender documents in line with Procurement Rules and Regulations, 2009
- Prepare a budget utilization plan for the approved budget.
- Ensure to form Opening Committee, Evaluation Committee, and Award Committee as mandated by PRR, 2009.
- Ensure that the approved budget is used judiciously.
- Verify the received goods and bills.
- Read and comprehend procurement norms / financial rules.
- Prepare and place supply orders and maintain necessary records.
- Upon the approval of SMT, make necessary procurement of goods
- To ensure all documentation is accurately completed.
- Seek clarification from suppliers/service providers where necessary.
- Ensuring proportionality, transparency, accountability, and fairness in the procurement process.
- The Committee shall make a comprehensive presentation on the use of the school budget (budget utilization plan) to the school at least twice a year.
- The committee is always answerable about the use of school budget to all concerned stakeholders (SMT/SMB/ Drungkhag/ Dzongkhag/ Ministry/ Royal Audit Authority
- Involvement in the evaluation discussion.
- Ensuring all necessary procurement procedures are properly followed.
- Ensure samples are available for review if relevant and are returned to all unsuccessful bidders.