The 9th Quarterly Education Policy Guidelines and Instructions (1992) and in particular, Operational Guidelines for Central School (2016) mandate Central Schools to instate a body that governs the overall policy matter of the school and promotes community participation and decentralized management of the school. Every Central School is required by the policy to form the School Management Board to help facilitate better school governance. It is the immediate governing body of the central school. This body shall be the highest decision-making body to whom the school shall be accountable. The Board shall serve as a legislative (decision making) body in the school. The school is answerable to the board. The board shall be vibrant and act as a bridge between the school and the community and also a platform to enhance greater community participation in the school development. The head of the school is the Member Secretary of SMB, while the Chairperson and the other members of the board are from the local community with equal representation from different communities.
The following members constitute the SMB:
|Sl. No.||Who?||As what?||Term||Remarks|
|1||Dasho Drungpa||Chairperson||Permanent||By Default|
|2||Gup / Mangmi||Dy.Chairperson||Permanent||By default|
|3||Parent||Member||3 years||By default|
|5||V. Principal (s)||Member||Permanent||By default|
|6||Assistant Principal||Member||Permanent||By default|
|2 years||On an Appointment / Nomination basis|
|8||Students Representative||Member||1 year||By default
Head boy & head girl
Roles and responsibilities (SMB) / ACCOUNTABILITY OF THE (SMB)
- To provide vision and direction to the school.
- To provide guidance and support to the School Management Team.
- To safeguard the school-level policies and enhance management efficiency.
- To plan the development of the school and its proper maintenance.
- To facilitate support to the school to plan and carry out development work.
- To approve the school plans and programs, monitor the implementation, review, and assess all school programs for future improvement to ensure the provision of quality education.
- To assist in organizing major school events.
- To mobilize human resources to support the community.
- To take decisions on chronic and serious disciplinary issues that warrant the involvement of law enforcing agents.
CODE OF ETHICS FOR THE SMB
The SMB’s individual member is not expected to interfere in the day to day internal administration of the school. However, it shall meet on a bi-annual basis or if at all necessary on a quarterly basis to provide directions and to monitor and review the progress of the school. SMB can also meet as and when the need arises. If not as required by the Chairman and School Principal.