The school shall have a school mess policy put into place.
The Mess Committee shall be instituted:
- To ensure that there aren’t any lapses which result in school mess issue.
- For the smooth functioning of the school mess.
- To provide quality food to students as per the prepared menu.
The following members constitute the Mess Committee:
|Sl. No.||Who?||As what?||Term||Remarks|
|1||Head, Pastoral Care||Chairperson||Permanent||By default|
|2||Chief Mess Coordinator||Dy. Chairperson||Permanent
|3||Warden||Mess In-charge||Permanent||By default|
|5||Sr. teacher||Member||1 year|
|6||Head cook||Member||Permanent||By default|
|7||School Captains||Member||1 year||By default|
|8||Mess captains||Member||1 year||By default|
Roles and responsibilities of the Mess Committee:
- Develop school mess policy/guidelines.
- Revisit, review, and update mess policy if necessary or upon the advice of SMT/SMB/ School authorities.
- Prepare supply orders for firewood and mess items.
- Maintain goods receive and issue register.
- Compile all bills for future records and auditing purposes.
- Approve monthly school menu for the mess.
- Approve monthly purchase of groceries.
- Decide and approve any mess related issues.
- Make physical verifications of the received mess items.
- The committee is accountable for any issues related to the school mess.
- The committee shall inform school authorities during complex issues without delay.
- The committee is responsible for the preparation of the Bidding Document for the Annual Mess and Fuelwood Quotation and submit it to the school Procurement section on or before time.
- The committee shall meet once a month and submit a report to the school office.